The Chief of Public Security announced at a Press conference on Wednesday that suspects were being sought following raids on June 14 on several buildings used for making high-intensity bombs.
“Due to the sensitivity of the investigation and the dangerous nature of the confiscated material we have been unable to call for the public's assistance in the case until now," he said. "Unfortunately, due to the ongoing investigation we are still limited in the amount of information we are able to release.”
He went on to say that police had raided several locations where they seized highly-explosive material used for making bombs. "This is significant as it indicates a new level of terrorist activity in Bahrain." He said over five tonnes of explosive `material and 110 litres of chemicals were seized. "The explosives were designed to cause severe injuries, a high death toll, serious destruction to property, and fear in the minds of the public," the Chief said, adding that there were indications the terrorists were not working alone and had received advanced training and logistical support.
“Police received a tip about several individuals who were meeting to plan and manufacture highly-intensity bombs,” the Chief said. “The locations we were tipped off about included the residential areas of Salmabad and Hamad Town.”
The locations were investigated, the tip was found to be credible and a warrant was obtained from the Public Prosecutor. Subsequently, the locations were raided and a large amount of evidence was confiscated. All dangerous material has been stored safely, far from public areas.
Meanwhile, a presentation during the Press conference highlighted that the explosives were made in a well-equipped factory meant to manufacture highly-explosive material and were found in Salmabad. The confiscated material included two types of dangerous explosives which, if used, could result in massive destruction, deaths and damage.
Police seized four ready-to-use bombs that contained homemade explosives. These bombs had iron pellets that are considered very dangerous since during explosions they can cause serious injuries, deaths and severe destruction. Pipes used in making bombs were also seized as well as electronic and mechanical tools used in the manufacturing process. The confiscated items included gas cylinders similar to the ones used in previous terror operations in various locations.
As a result of further investigations and an analysis of the evidence collected, police have identified several suspects. They are Radhi Ali Radhi Abdulrasoon, Jaffar Hussain Mohammed Yousif Eid and Dhafir Saleh Ali Saleh
Police are currently searching for these men and are asking for the public's assistance in locating them. “Someone knows where these men are,” the Chief said. “We need that person to come forward now.”
The Chief urged anyone with any knowledge of these people or with any information about suspicious activity to call police hotline 80008008. All calls will be kept confidential.
The Chief concluded by praising the hard work of the Public Security Force and said that a major disaster had been averted thanks to their diligence and professionalism. He called upon all members of the public to be alert and aware and reminded property owners to obtain proper IDs from their tenants.
"We will find, arrest and bring these terrorists to justice," the Chief said. “It is just a matter of time.”