The Royal Academy of Police Message
The Academy believes in efficiency and professionalism in performance and in developing police, law, social and other human sciences within the framework of the values and principles derived form Isl...
About Police Media Center
The Media Centre is part of the continuing development strategy adopted by the Ministry under the leadership of the His Excellency Minister of Interior Lieutenant-General Shaikh Rashid bin Abdullah Al Khalifa. The Centre has been set up with the purpose of reaching out to the media and maintain round-the-clock contact with the print and electronic resources in Bahrain and elsewhere in the Arab world.
As the main source of interaction between the media and the ministry, the centre's focus is on transparency while imparting information. The centre is dedicated to providing 24-hour coverage of the news, activities and events concerning the ministry. It is the primary source for all media entities looking for news and information and offers the same to government departments and directorates as well, besides updating the latter with the latest developments on local and regional issues. In addition to interacting with the media organisations and the departments in various ministries, the Media Centre also offers a host of services to the public and visitors through answering their queries and offering them services they might require.
Indeed the centre acts as a link between the ministry and the public and private organisations as well as those interested in the ministry's events and activities.
To play an outstanding and pioneering role in the field of police media.
To scan and analyse police-related news reports published in different media whether locally or internationally and carry out police media programmes in conformity with the Ministry of Interior policy of maintaining public security, safety and order.
Strategic aims of the Media Centre
1. Provide an information base founded on sound security-related research, statistics and studies.
2. Observe and analyse different mass media sources to create a coherent image to facilitate the Ministry's leadership in decision making.
3. Assess public opinion and foresee any crises.
4. Develop the concept of all-round security among security cadres and enhance communication with the public through police media messages.
5. Formulate a media policy that takes into account the latest changes in mass media communication and projects an accurate image of the Ministry.
6. Constantly improve the skills and abilities of the security personnel in line with the changes in mass media.